Citizen BM8180-03E Eco For Men's-Casual Watch

Citizen Men's BM8180-03E
Citizen BM8180-03E Eco Drive Canvas Strap Watch For Men's-You will never run late with this men's sporty, Eco-Drive timepiece. From the stainless steel case, green canvas strap and 12/24 hour time indicator, the bold details never end. Additional features include a day/date indicator and water resistance to 100 meters.

Citizen BM8180-03E Eco Features

-Day and date calendar feature
-Water-resistant to 330 feet (100 M)
-Durable military green canvas strap with leather inner-lining

-Luminous hands and hour/minute markers; compact brushed stainless steel case
-Ecologically friendly, light powered eco-drive Japanese-quartz movement; charges in natural sunlight or indoor light

Product Informations

-Model number: BM8180-03E
-Products By:Citizen
-Shipping Weight: 6.4 ounces
-Shipping:Currently,item can be shipped only within the U.S
-Product Dimensions: 4.9 x 4.4 x 4 inches ; 1 pounds

What Customers Said About This Citizen BM8180-03E

FINN
I just got this item a few weeks ago, but I already think that it's one of the best watches out there. There's a lot of good things to say about this watch, some are:

1. the red second hand which makes the watch more distinct.
2. the band is very comfortable. Has metal slots and buckle to adjust it to your wrist size.
3. the numbers on the dial are fairly large which makes it easier to read.
4. the hands and numbers all illuminate in the dark
5. shows the date and day (it's in spanish around 3am-5am)
6. the crystal is made of a type of mineral which is scratch resistant. (still no scratches on mine!!)

Besides all that, this watch has a very nice casual look and is more of an everyday kind of watch. It will never need a battery since it's powered by both natural and artificial light. It fascinates me to realize that a watch will last longer than my life span.

Overall this watch is great. only negative aspect is that I noticed that the crown bruised the back of my hand a little, but I never realized it till recently.... just thought I should mention that.

SHERLY
Watch is highly accurate (it appears to be 3 secs fast per week)
nice looking (if you like "military"), solid feel.

Watch is unexpectedly heavy for "stainless steel".
Is part of the body brass ?
I would have preferred "brushed stainless steel" anyway.
The surface looks shiny as if "nickel plated".
Not the "outdoor" finish, it appears to have in the photograph.

The BIG disappointment however was the fabric strap:
After one week (only) of inserting the strap into the
sleeve guide, the little sleeve was blocked.
Reason, the inside of the sleeve is NOT sewn,
but GLUED (with contact glue ?).

I now have a big mess, where the strap-end (the part
which is inserted into the sleeve) is all sticky/ guey
with this glue.

I tried re-glueing with a "will be solid after curing" wood glue.
Not a good idea, looks awful.

Really disappointed in CITIZEN, at this price
($89.-) they should be able to do better.

GEORGE
To Whom it May Concern,

For whatever reason, Citizen has yet to make all of its lineup available in solar-powered form. Admittedly, there were other designs that I would've chosen had a wider selection been available. Utility must trump aesthetic concerns in a watch, however, so I went with the type that never would see a jeweler. Still, I was WRONG if I had ever thought for a moment that I'd be compromising with this watch.

As one of the most reviewed items on Amazon.com, there is little left to add. I would just iterate that the watch could definitely pass in a formal setting with a different strap, but for other occasions works just fine. The duration of emitting light at night is strongly tied to how much exposure to the sun it's received during the day (though it is also worth noting that it tends to work even in mild shade). It is shinier than in the stock Amazon.com photographs, as is true of other watches as well. I urge you to look at the customer-submitted photographs, which more accurately portray how it will actually look on your wrist.

The second-hand is indeed off of the slashes just a little bit. If you're that concerned, you probably have an extra $300.00 to spend and should stop looking at the thrifty alternative.

I was much less annoyed by the strap and grommets than reading the entirety of reviews here had prepared me to be.

Make sure to set the watch date right! It is extremely satisfying to have the date and day change precisely at 12:00 midnight, which was not the case on my other Eco-Drive watch--even though I set it within the prescribed window, I became dissatisfied with it changing later in the morning.

For people interested in READING the time, while also not mind being SEEN with a timepiece (e.g. having an awkward hunk of metal cling-clanging around your wrist like you are some sort of baron), this is your watch. I am extremely satisfied with how well I can tell the time, as well as how the watch looks.

I am quite pleased with this watch, though it is the largest I've ever worn. In addition, the prospect of having to change the strap in the future (perhaps because I've been brainwashed here) keeps it from receiving an impeccable rating.

Regards,

order

Comments :

0 comments to “Citizen BM8180-03E Eco For Men's-Casual Watch”

Post a Comment